Two fully funded PhD scholarships are available at the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, the University of Queensland, Australia.
Depending on the candidate’s research interests, skills, and qualifications, research will involve in any of the following topics:
- Three-dimensional visualisation of slab structures;
- Geodynamic numerical modelling;
- Reservoir Geomechanics;
- Present-day stress analysis;
- Geodynamic reconstructions;
- Geochemical investigation of arc magmas;
- Structural geology/geophysics in supra-subduction zones
- Petrological investigation of magmatic plumbing systems in arc settings.
Candidates should have BSc (Honours) and/or MSc in earth science, geology or geophysics.The scholarships may be offered to domestic or international students. However, do to COVID-related travel restrictions, candidates must be physically in Australia at the time of application.
Commencement: before July 2021.
To apply, please send an expression of interest (+CV and academic transcripts) to Prof Gideon Rosenbaum at email@example.com.